Bharat Interface for Money, shortened as BHIM, is an app that has been launched in India to help the country go cashless. The initiative launched by the Prime Minister of India, Mr. Narendra Modi, is simple to use, secure and tiny in size. The app makes it a trifle to send and receive money, using only your phone and an internet connection. Feature phones can dial *99# to access the UPI system without the app.
Here’s all you need to know about BHIM UPI app
- BHIM is being pursued by the government of India to make it replace hard cash transactions as much as possible.
- The developer of the application, National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) is a subsidiary of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), and thus has a lot of security and assurance.
- The app is named after Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar, the well known Independence Era social reformer and politician who worked tirelessly for the upliftment of women and Dalits, SCs, STs and other disenfranchised people.
- The app supports multiple bank accounts on the same app, as long as you have the phone number registered with each.
- BHIM app transfers money using UPI addresses. So you need not share any sensitive information with people like phone numbers, email IDs etc. You can get a custom UPI address too.
- You can also transfer money using the latest QR code technology.
- No need to worry about bank hours or bank holidays. You can transfer money as you please. There are high limits too, with a maximum of 10,000 INR transferable in one transaction and a maximum of 20,000 INR that can be transferred in a single day!
Isn’t this cool?
Download BHIM Apk for Android 2018 – Installation & Using Tutorial
BHIM App requirements
- You should have an Android Smartphone. The iOS app is still being developed and fine tuned.
- You should have a phone number registered with your Bank. BHIM doesn’t need internet banking, but some banks may charge a small sum for UPI services.
- You should have at least 5 MBs of space on your smartphone just like you need with some movie streaming apps like cinemabox and showbox apk.
- You will also be needing internet data to run the app, if you don’t have WiFi.
To get BHIM for your Android device
- Go to the Play Store on your Android smartphone.
- Search for BHIM app.
- Press Install.
- Go through the permissions, and press Install if you agree.
- Once Installed, you can setup your UPI Address and get started with secure online transactions. Also check out, GrowBox APK.
How to setup BHIM UPI app?
To set up UPI, first, confirm that the bank you have an account in is recognized and supported by the BHIM app. Check out the list at the end of the post. We shall keep adding new banks as they get supported. Here’s what to do to setup BHIM.
- Launch BHIM app after installation.
- Register your Bank account. You will need to enter some details which will be used to back trace your account with the bank. The process is quick and secure.
- Your mobile number becomes your default UPI. Customise it to a different combination of letters and numbers if you’re not comfortable sharing your phone number with people.
- That’s it! Use BHIM to transfer money effortlessly to anyone.
Recommended: Wifikill apk
How to use BHIM App Android?
- To use BHIM, you need to register your mobile number on the app, and choose a passcode, after the number is verified.
- Once you have logged into the bank account using the UPI, you can send money, request payment and view your balance. Only Current and Savings Accounts are currently supported by the app presently.
Generating QR code
- Open Bhim, and go to the menu on the top right corner
- Enter the amount to transact.
- Generate QR Code, and share to exchange money securely.
List of banks supported by BHIM
Allahabad Bank, Andhra Bank, Axis Bank, Bank of Baroda, Bank of India, Bank of Maharashtra, Canara Bank, Catholic Syrian Bank, Central Bank of India, DCB Bank, Dena Bank, Federal Bank, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, IDBI Bank, IDFC Bank, Indian Bank, Indian Overseas Bank, IndusInd Bank, Karnataka Bank, Karur Vysya Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Oriental Bank of Commerce, Punjab National Bank, RBL Bank, South Indian Bank, Standard Chartered Bank, State Bank of India, Syndicate Bank, Union Bank of India, United Bank of India, Vijaya Bank.
Latest BHIM updates:
- Consumers can get referral bonuses, and merchants can get cash back, soon, under the Union Government of India’s Budget scheme to incentivise use of the app.
- Soon Aadhaar cards might be linked to BHIM too, so you can easily buy and sell items to people and so everyone can have easy access to government schemes.
- The developers are in the process of adding more languages to the app. The app began with English and Hindi, and was updated with 7 more in the latter half of January, which include Oriya, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada and Gujarati.
- A Spam Reporting feature has also made it to the app, which can be used to remove and report payment requests from unknown or unwanted sources.
- The latest version of BHIM app also supports dual SIM phones. While the app could operate on dual SIM devices, it was not possible to use it to access two phone numbers. That feature is now supported in the Change Account option. This is great news for people who have multiple bank accounts registered with different phone numbers.
- If for some reason you don’t want to continue with your BHIM UPI account on your mobile number, you can disable it. This is usually advised if you want to unsubscribe to the service, so you aren’t bugged by messages and so you can be sure your bank access is restricted to only you and not someone who steals your device later.
BHIM App security
BHIM is very secure and therefore better than any other app out there to transfer money. The high level of safety of the app is attested to by the CEO of prominent e-security firm Lucideus. You should not share your UPI passcode with anyone under any circumstances to ensure nobody but you have access to your bank account via the app.